Friday, October 17, 2008

Fruits of our Labor

Family,

Hello family how is everything going, I am glad to her that you had a good week. It sounded a lil bit stressful,which I am really sorry. , but I know that the Lord is with us and He will help the family out in these times. To tell you the truth this week was a week we got to see the fruits of our labor in the Lord's work, on my mission. This week we had a baptism, a 22 year old named Angel CoitiƱho who I truly must say was really excited about his baptism. So it was a great week I must say. We had a baptism and the new convert was really excited about his baptism! Thanks mom for putting money in my account , its really going to help me out. But still everything is still going good for my comp. and I. We are really both stoked to do this great latter day work for the Lord. I truly have grown so much in this little time that I have been a district leader, the Lord is just blessing me with strength and knowledge I have be learning so much each and every day of the mission . I must say that it truly feels like I have been born again in the mission. The Lord has blessed me as a leader. It is a true blessing to be serving the Lord in this great work. I am really going to keep you all in my prayers in these next couple of days. I know that life is going in a rough manner, but I know that the Lord is always willing to bless us as long as we are following the commandments that He has given to us. So keep strong in these times of hardship. For the Lord will help us out. In the mission when I first heard that I was going up in the mission field I was extremely scared, but I said a prayer to the Lord and thanked Him , and I knew that He wants me in this spot, and that He is going to help me every step of the way. So family I am sure of one thing, I think all of us have learned as a family that the Lord will bless us as a family together. For the Lord does give us families to help us grow and become stronger , from our weakness He forces us to become strong in these times. So I know that we are all here to have this great honor and thank you for being my beloved family. So keep being the examples for me in my life I have learned so much from all of you in these days and in my days at home. I truly love all of you in every manner. I truly thank the Lord from my knees to have you all as my beloved family.Family I thank you for all your support, and examples. I love you all , and if there is anything of which you all need don’t ever be to shy to ask me. I am always more then willing to help you all out in what ever manner you all see fit. THANK YOU. Lol Don’t ever worry about me in this work , for I am with the Lord I do recive his great protection in these great days. He does grant me His kindness ,His love ,His spirit, and His guidnece . For He helps me in every way I know, it truly is the greatest blessing to be in this great work of His. So family we have a new starting point right now in this area. We are having to start looking for new people each and everyday , but I do tell you one thing is that we have recived some blessings and it is always a great time to go and teach them. The lord has given us some people to teach, in this coming week i'll tell you how it goes, but as for now I am really short on time. So i'll be ending it here… thank you for everything, I love you all , may the Lord be with you all day to day…. I ll talk to you next p- day…

Serving the Lord
Elder Jessup…

1 comment:

Alan said...

I don't know who will read this, hopefully the family of Elder Jessop. So my name is Brother Anderson, I served in the mission with Elder Jessop. Not as a companion but I met him when he got to the mission home. I had a great experience to post here.
I'll try to make it brief. When my parents picked me up from the mission on May 15th 2008, we went to Santa Fe in the area of General Lopez, where I had served. I visited a convert I had grown to love named Oscar Mendoza, and his daughter Susana Mendoza, also his wife Monica. I also invited Oscar's wife to go to church because she always refused and I wanted her to go. Then last week I wanted to see if the statistics for the Argentina Rosario mission were posted. within my search I found Elder Jessop's blog with a picture of Oscar's wife Monica and daughter Ayalen getting baptized. It was one of the happiest things I've ever seen. As the whole family has accepted the gospel and continue firm.
Now I do ask that whoever reads this blog could write Elder Jessop and have him tell her conversion story! I'd LOVE to hear it. to whoever reads this my email is ajon13@hotmail.com. Please write and inform me. Congratulations Elder Jessop, You've had a great mission