Friday, December 12, 2008

Monica's Conversion Story

This is a comment left on the blog on October 17, 2008. Below is Elder Jessup's response.

I don't know who will read this, hopefully the family of Elder Jessop. So my name is Brother Anderson, I served in the mission with Elder Jessop. Not as a companion but I met him when he got to the mission home. I had a great experience to post here.I'll try to make it brief. When my parents picked me up from the mission on May 15th 2008, we went to Santa Fe in the area of General Lopez, where I had served. I visited a convert I had grown to love named Oscar Mendoza, and his daughter Susana Mendoza, also his wife Monica. I also invited Oscar's wife to go to church because she always refused and I wanted her to go. Then last week I wanted to see if the statistics for the Argentina Rosario mission were posted. within my search I found Elder Jessop's blog with a picture of Oscar's wife Monica and daughter Ayalen getting baptized. It was one of the happiest things I've ever seen. As the whole family has accepted the gospel and continue firm.Now I do ask that whoever reads this blog could write Elder Jessop and have him tell her conversion story! I'd LOVE to hear it. to whoever reads this my email is ajon13@hotmail.com. Please write and inform me. Congratulations Elder Jessop, You've had a great mission October 17, 2008 11:04 PM

Response:

The story was that one day Monica woke up and she told us she had to go to chruch with her husband Oscar , so she went. In relief society she started to cry during the class and she told us that she truly felt that this is the true chruch. So after we heard this we started to teach her, took her to General Conference, and within a short time later she decided to be baptized in the chruch. To tell you the truth it was so amazing to see the lords hand in our lives. I went ahead and bought her a huge triple and i have talked to the Elders serving in the area. They say that she is still going strong. She was a true blesing to get to teach in the mission.

No comments: