Monday, April 28, 2008

Task From Mission President

Hey family,

Hey how are you all doing this week? Everything down here in Argentina is going good we have some new investigators that have a lot o potetional in them so we are really excited in this great work ,to help souls come unto their god.  Thanks mom or the money it really came in hand to get two of my shoes resouled cuz man did they need it . so its really nice to be walking with new shoes again. As are as the weather down here its been really rainy, and its starting to cool down , so we will see how the week to come will be. The new dog really cute good job picking her out dad.  This past week went really good we were busy just running around to citas and trying to teach everyone.  Also a great spiritual week as well , this past week we had Zone conference and was it a great conerence its are presidents second to last one he is going home next month, but the talk that was the best was his talk on the atonemet of Christ , it was really powerful, and man can you feel the spirit o the lord that day. It was agreat spiritual feast I might say lol

As fare as things are with me and my comp, we are doing great..  he toke on a task , a big one that the president asked him to do, and of course me being his comp, toke it on as well. So the task is this , he ha one month left in the mission so the president gave him this to read the whole Book o Mormon  before the end o the transfer and it ends the 25 of May, also to read in Spanish as well.. I am loving this task. So the both o us have to read about 20 pages a day to meet are goal.  I must say or being a person who did not like to read anything before the mission , some thing changed me inside , cuz now I hate putting books down to stop, and its even harder when it’s the book of Mormon.  So the both of us have that going for us as well. The lord did do something to me I am not going to lie about it, and I thank him everyday for it..  

Here is what I think on the matter.. For behold thus saith the lord God : I will give unto the children of man line upon line , precept upon precept , here a little there a little ; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts and lend a ear to my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom…. 2 Nephi 28 : 30  

 For my family  have come across a change in my life and it all started by opening the cover of the book of mormon this book has a power that only comes from the heavens above , the spirit you feel as we read this book , is of the joy of the lord our god Jesus Christ.  You can take out so much from every verse in the book of mormon and put your name in it instead of Nephi, Moroni , Alma,Helaman , Jacob. See what I mean there is a reson why this book is placed on this earth , in this time , we are the children of god and we are the saints that the prophets of the book of mormon talked about and saw in their visions. Why not live to what the lord wants us to be  the latter day saints of the church of Jesus Christ, become the servents of the Lord, for it does not matter of the age which we are ,cuz we were all saved for this very time in the earth, to help others come unto our god. Let us give high pries to our god for revealing this scripture in these Latter Days… Thank you God As the God of Alma .  For he is the same today , tomarrow , and forever. I share this with you my family I love you all and I love the work o which I am doing in this time. Be strong keep going and always remember your Lord, our God..

Serving My God 
Elder Jessup

No comments: