Thursday, September 18, 2008

Let Us Show this Great Joy to the World

Beloved Family,

How are you all doing? This week went pretty good for us in the holy work of the Lord, lets just say the fruits of our work payed off We had a baptism this past week….:) So it was a true blessing for us this week I must say in the lords work. I ll tell you a lil more about that in a bit…

Mom as for the food , its really good here, and I love it , I had not had a problem with it yet knock on wood lol . For the past few weeks we have had lunch with members. Its about 3 lunches we have to cook ourselves , and 3 are at the houses of members. So that's the deal with the food. And for our clothes its really good I must say., we're spoiled here lol , we have a hermana that washes are clothes, then we have a separate hermana that washes are G´s . So as far as clothes we are good and taken care of. But we do iron are own cloths lol, when they need to be ironed.. So i just thought that I would answer the questions that mom asked before I forget lol.

This week was really great I am truly enjoying the great work of the Lord. Its so crazy this past week I hit my 11 months in the mission and I did not realize it to tell you the truth. I am going to tell you all something that we are doing Elder Molina and I , he is from Canada , so he speaks English good , and he has parents that are Latinos so he also speaks Spanish perfect , and 3 other languages…Lucky…. The thing I am trying to get at is that the both of us are teaching classes in English for free at the church, and we have a total of about 15 – 17 people going each week , and it grows each week as well. In there is when a lil girl who asked me how much time I had in the mission, then I realized that I hit 11 months that same day. Lol What a dork I know lol…

The lady that was baptized was Angelica Herrera, who was a reference of a member, so it truly does pay to give the refs.. to the missionaries . Then we had the member baptize her and that was a great site. I' ll be sending fotos when I can. So family if you ever have a name pop up in your head thinking that they need to hear the gospel, write it down on a paper and give it to the local missionaries. Cuz the truth is that the Lord could be giving us that name but it's us that change are minds, and then we never give it to the missioners , then those people who's name we received from the Lord himself never come into Heavens Gate…Baptism … so those names are revalations to us…. Don't doubt them..

(…Los angeles hablan por el poder del Espiritu Santo; por lo que declaran las palabras de Cristo . Por tanto ,os dije : Deleitaos en las palabras de Cristo ; porque he aquĆ­ las palabras de Cristo os diran todos las cosas que debeis hacer…… 2 Nefi 32 : 6..)

So please just listen to the voice of our Lord when he tells us who is ready for this gospel, and what items we need to do. Trust in his holy Spirit to guide us. So family I really do love you all , and thank you all for what you have done for me in this great work for your support , to just writing me each week it truly is a pleaser to have you all as my beloved family…in this worldly life. You all have given me so much I truly don't know how to repay you all…. But I know one thing that you all would rather have me here then any other place in my life… so I will serve in the name of the Lord as Elder Jessup… to let people know of the truth of the restored gospel the message that has brought so much joy and peace in to our lives, so that they may come to know these blessings of the Lord Our Redeemer Jesus Christ.. I love you all. Thank you all family..

Well fam.. thats really how the week went for me in this part of the World, another great week in the mission. I can only pray and hope that the week goes just as good for you all at home…and at work. Just remember the Lord is always here for us no matter what we need or are going through in are lives, let us show this great joy to the World and let them see the Light and truth of Christ to the World……Amen

Mom I just want to remind you to tell you when ever you have time to go to the bank and see what it is that we need to do to get another debt card cuz mine expires in Feb… so I am living you quite a bit o of time please let me know what I need to do…

Love you
Serving the Lord
Elder Jessup

No comments: