Monday, February 2, 2009

The Power of a Journal

Hello how are you all doing.. i glad to here that everyone had a good week.. but a hard week i must say we had a rouge spot in the mission or in this area. This week not one of our investigators showed up to church today , it was a huge bust i must say.. so it was a lil bit of f a down fall i must say to see not one person showed up.
So i must say this week me and my comp are going to work even harder so that we don't have to fell like that in church again…

I must say the people that we have almost feel as if they stopped progressing in the work or in the teachings i must say , we are trying to work more and more with some of the members but it doe not seem. To go anywhere. Like the work is like at a stand still. I must say its frustrating for the both of us.. The store of the past are just making things really hard for the work to progress. I must say there are a lot of rumors going on inside of the barrio, and contention , its making work really hard but we are going to do the best that week can… while we are here. I must say i really hope i stay here even longer so that we can start to gain more confidence of the members in are barrio. In this coming week we have transfers on the 2nd of Feb. So i could be spending it some where else, but i love this area so much i really want to stay here in Santa Fe, in Pompeya….i just love the people i must say in this area and in these city.. brain storm happing in the moment, just like book of Mormon….

…….Y acontecio que después que hubo recibido su mensaje del angel del señor , alma se volvio prestamente a la tierra de Ammoniah. Y entro en la ciudad por otro camino ; si por el que queda al sur de la ciudad de Ammoniah…. Alma 8: 18

The reason i have chosen that scripture is that alma goes to the city two times to preach the gospel, so that the people can here the Word. Me elder jessup I'm n my second time in santa Fe , but not just in the city but in the same zone of Norte, the lord really wants me here for a reason i must complete , al this just hit me right now i must say i love it , WHEN THAT HAPPENS… the lord wants me to do the best of what i can while i am here…

Family thank you for everything of which you all have done for me . I love you all i must say you are all a big part of the motivation to get out of the bed some days, i just think of all the blessings that we have received , in the family and i know that there are people waiting for these same blessing as us as a family have received, here in argentina…. So i get out of bed to g go to the streets to help theses children of the Lord that are waiting for him…

Family i got good news.. i am now starting my Third journal of my mission , the one you all sent me for christmas, i wrote the first entry today, i must say the love i have truly found for a journal is utterly amazing. Just the staff i come to know as i write on those blank papers my mind just goes to everything that happened to me and how i saw that lord in my life on that very day. The beauty of a journal is being able to look in your past and come to realize everything you learned , as you went through trials , or just great experiences in life , not only that but future generations will be able be touched by your own entry, if you all don't have a journal my family , i recommend go getting one , it really is a great thing in life to see of ones self… i know that the prophets have told us to have one for a very reason…… i stand as a testimony to journals, a great work in ones life. I tell you at first it does not seem. To go any where , but it does in the long run.. I tell you family i have never come to realize so much staff in my life tell i wrote i ton to see Blank pieces of paper, in my journals… its a record of are life for the future to read and learn.. just as the scriptures are to us from 1000 plus years ago today… i love keeping a up to date journal one of the better things i have done in my life …. Thanks dad for buying my very frist one , the big red one , and thanks to cliff for letting me see your very own mission journals , to motivate your younger brother…

I just wanted to share something that has helped me grow so much in my mission. I did not think that blank papers would end up being the answers to so many questions that i once had in my life. I tell you all that it has helped me learn and grow all at once in those simple min. of time each and every day. I ask you all a very simple question to end:
Have you written in your journal today?


I love you all take care ill be talking to you on the day of Tuesday of next week cuz of transfers…. Hope and pray for the best…


I love YOU all from the Youngest

Elder Jessup

No comments: