Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hand Written Letter

Clay Letter Dated 2-11-08

Dear Jessup Family,
Well family it feels really good to be writing you this week. It’s just good to write the family a letter.
Well it was good to hear that everything is going good thru your e-mails. It’s so crazy that I got a new nephew named Luke, but I laugh cuz I think there will be one more before I get back home or maybe even two! J It’s so crazy to see how much our family has grown!
But I tell you my family this mission is amazing for me. I have learned so much day by day, my whole out look on life is changing, and o tell you the truth it’s changing the way the Lord wants it to change. It’s so great to be part of the Lords army, in these latter days. To bring to pass a great work of God, How can one not truly believe that there is a God and a Savior who has died for us, it just puts me in complete awe on how much the Lord has done for my life ever since day one of my life and from day one of my mission. For the Lords hand is in our life each and everyday, we just have to take time and notice it each and everyday. I stand with a testimony of our Lord and the miracles of which he performs everyday. My life has changed so much ever since I have started to study the scriptures each and every day. I now have the strength which I lacked, the Lord has made my weak points my strong points now and I tell you my family it has changed my life. It would be a sin for me not to testify of the blessings of the Lord. It has been through small and single things that change has come to me

“Ahora bien, tal vez piensan que esto es locura, de mi parte, mas he aqui, te digo que por medio de cosas pequinas y sencillas se realizan grandes cosas, y en muchas cosas, las pequeas medios confunden a los sabios Alma 37:6

Family I know everything of which I said to be true in all my heart, that I am here for a reason in Argentina. That these are people waiting for me here. This mission has been a true blessing in my life day in and day out.
This week was a little different cus this past week, my self-esteem has been under attack it feels like. I hate to say but my companion uses words that a missionary should not be using, like he is always name calling to people who really don’t do anything and it just gets ugly sometimes, then he does it to me. It’s just not a way a missionary should be acting. I think its like he can’t leave the old life behind him, But there was a few times he said some stuff to me so It just brought me down a little this week, but I am doing everything I can to find joy each and everyday of my life in this holy and great work of the Lord. I know if I keep asking for the help of the Lord he will help me out when I truly need it. But I’m just going to keep going forth in the work an try to find all he joy of the mission life I can and I know find it along with the love of the Lord. I shall not be one to complain for I will remain strong in what I know to be right.
My heart burns with a desire to do he will of my God, for these next 20 months of my mission, I know if I work diligence and knowledge I shall be helped in my life and in His work. I am honored to have this time to give to my Savior.
For you all, my beloved family, I thank you all so much for all your support which you give me and I shall work hard to make you proud of your lil bro, your youngest son, and your cousin, anything you want to call me, I will make the Jessup name proud. I love you all to the depth of my heart.

Live to Serve
Elder Jessup

No comments: